first fishing trip to Holland, Polsbroek. any advice, tips?

Started by Corsican Dave, August 25, 2016, 14:34:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsican Dave

hi there,
we are coming to Holland (from Scotland)  in November this year with the plan to fly-fish for pike around Polsbroek.
is it possible that we could also find carp at this time of year, or should I just take my #10wt?

any advice or tips would be very welcome!
thanks in advance,
Dave  8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Geirach

Scaramouche

Carp will be passive in November, there is very little chance of spotting one, leave alone getting it to take. So i'd focus on the pike, or perch if you are interested in those. You can't walk three steps in Polsbroek without finding fishable waters so you should be able to wet your lines. If you go a bit west you get to the polders between Schoonhoven and Krimpen a/d IJssel, (it's called the 'Krimpenerwaard') which are also very good for pike.
Liever 1 vis aan de haak, dan de lucht van 10

Corsican Dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Geirach

HappyFisherman

You might reconsider using a 10wt in the polders. A 7 or 8wt will do fine in the smaller waters and won't wear you down as much as a 10wt.

Many somebody from the forum can show you around, if you don't have a guide already..?
Vliegvissen is bevlogen vissen...