Flyfishing in Netherlands

Started by Mofly, August 28, 2017, 11:43:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Mofly

Hello at all.

I hope it's ok that i write in English. Unfortunately i don't speak dutch. I am Mo and I am from Bocholt in Germany. I am up to buy the Vispass because I would like to go flyfishing in the Netherlands. Now I am looking for interesting places may be not so far away from my hometown. Can somebody tell me some goog places to go fishing. Or may be is somebody interested to invite me and show me some of them. So if you like we can go fishing together. I must tell you also that I am still a beginner in flyfishing. So I look forward to hear from you. Thank you for your reply.

Kind regards

Mo

Floor

First of all, welcome.
Second; what kind of fish or fishing are you aiming for? Coastal fishing, pike fishing, roach or bass? There is so much nice water to choose from that you probably have to narrow your search at least a little.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses...Hit it.

Mofly

Hello Floor. Thanks for your reply. You are right. So I would like to fish in sweat water. For pike and so on i don't have the right equipment at all. My rod is a 5/6 class with a line of class 5. The kind of fish is not so important at the moment. It can be Trout. Bass. Barben. Döbel. Brassen and so on. Sorry I don't know all the names in English.

Regards

Scaramouche

Quote from: Mofly on August 28, 2017, 12:53:08
Trout. Bass. Barben. Döbel. Brassen

= forel. baars. barbeel. kopvoorn. brasem.

baars and brasem will not be too difficult. The other species you mention are rare in our country, you will have a much better chance at those in Germany.

To start with I would target baars, take some small streamers and just try out the waters you can find; they will almost always be there. Don't stick to one place too long.

Even easier to find will be roach (Rotauge)  or rudd (Rotfeder). with a standard selection of dry flies and nymphs you should be able to catch them in every small canal you can get to.
Liever 1 vis aan de haak, dan de lucht van 10

Mofly

Thank you for your helpful tips Scaramouche. I will try.

Hans-oet-remunj

Why don't you try the Lippe... nice Barbels, probably Döbel & hasel as well

Mofly

Sure I will try this river one day. For the moment I am interested to try in Netherlands so I don't have to buy a one day ticket every time. Last week I tryed the river Kyll in the Eifel. Very nice. Even if i didn't choose the best place I think.

Thank you

Joey

Goodday, first of all; welcome! We always like New people. The pro's here already gave you real good advice. You said the kyll is no good for trout. With that argument you're starting a war here! Lots of people from here are going to the kyll because the nice environment, and nice fish. The only thing is the Day tickets like you mentioned already.  With your rod class (#5) alot of people Will recommended first start on the bass and roach or other white fish, and later if you got a higher class rod start for pike. For fishing spots Google maps is your best friend. Most fishers from here like too catch and release. In your home country people like to fish and eat it. I hope you fish for pleasure like we do. Have a nice stay here in the netherlands and have alot of tight lines 8)

Mofly

Hello Joey. Thanks for your reply. Where did you read that I said " The Kyll is not good for trout". I didn't. What I said is that I tryed the river for the first time and I think there are better places than the one I chosed. I was in Stadtkyll and Jünkerath. Maybe there are more beautiful parts of the river in south direction, like the videos that I saw on the net. I don't know. But it was a great experience that I really enjoyed.

So thanks again.

More information is still welcome.

Have a good time.